Verifying BlackBerry Security Settings
In order to ensure the proper operation of Impatica viaDock, the
Application Permissions must be properly set.
In addition, if your BlackBerry is associated with a BlackBerry
Enterprise Server (“BES”), you will need to verify that the IT Policies are set correctly.
This step is not required for BlackBerry Internet Service (“BIS”) users.
Application Permission Settings
Use the following steps to access the Application Permission Settings:
- Depending on your BlackBerry Device Software version, navigate as follows:
BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.2 to 4.5
Options > Security Options > Application
BlackBerry Device Software 4.6. to 5:
Options > Applications
BlackBerry Device Software 6+:
Options > Device > Application Management
- Select "Impatica Connector" from the list.
- Select "Edit Permissions", then either set all items under Connections
and Interactions to Allow OR set the following individual permissions
- USB (only if USB connection is required)
- Bluetooth (only if Bluetooth connection is required)
|BlackBerry Device Software
4.2 to 4.5
||BlackBerry Device Software 4.6 and up
||Cross Application Communication
|Security Timer Reset (for password protected devices)
IT Policies (for BlackBerry Enterprise Server Users)
IT Policies are set on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES).
Please send the following information to your BES Administrator if your BlackBerry device has an IT Policy in place.
Ensure that the IT policies are set as follows:
- For Bluetooth communication (under the Bluetooth policy section of the BES IT Policy dialog box):
- Disable Serial Port Profile—Set to FALSE
- Disable Bluetooth—Set to FALSE
- Disable Pairing—Set to FALSE
- For USB communication:
- Allow third party applications to use serial port—Set to TRUE
- For over-the-air installation:
- Allow third party application downloads—Set to TRUE
- Related Topics
- Installing PC Software
- Installing BlackBerry Software
- Registering Impatica viaDock
- Running Impatica viaDock
- Connecting to your BlackBerry
Previous | Next