Product Testing Specialist
Impatica Inc. has an opening in Ottawa for an experienced Product Testing Specialist.
The following are considered essential:
- a post-secondary degree or diploma in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent;
- expert knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint and other Microsoft Office applications, including Visual Basic for Applications;
- advanced knowledge of Windows and Windows Server operating systems;
- ability to work in a team environment;
- working knowledge of bug tracking software;
- impeccable attention to detail;
- experience in the design and implementation of test strategies and plans;
- the drive to execute software tests;
- experience testing server applications;
- effective verbal and written communication skills in English.
In addition, the candidate must demonstrate a balance of knowledge and skills in several of the following:
- Operating Systems: Windows, Mac OS, Mac OS X, Linux, UNIX;
- E-mail Servers: Microsoft Exchange, Lotus Notes and Domino, Novell GroupWise;
- Multimedia Applications: Macromedia Director and Flash;
- Technical Skills: Computer system setup and configuration;
- Testing Tools: Bugzilla, Java/JUnit, automated testing tools;
- Programming Languages and Technologies: Java, Perl, C#, JSP, Python, MySQL;
- Mobile platforms: BlackBerry, Sony Ericsson and Windows Mobile;
- Wireless Technologies: GSM, CDMA, Bluetooth;
- Languages: ability to communicate in language(s) other than English (e.g., for European and Asian markets) considered an asset.
Product Testing Specialists will be responsible for ensuring that all Impatica products meet the highest possible level of quality before they are released commercially by:
- contributing as part of the product testing team and working with the development team in order to help release high quality, easy to use software in a timely fashion;
- performing pre-release functionality, performance, load and stability testing of Impatica products to ensure that they perform as specified;
- designing, recording and implementing test plans as necessary;
- designing, implementing and supporting testing tools for automated testing of software as required;
- participating in the ongoing maintenance and improvement of existing products by communicating with the software development and customer support groups, troubleshooting software, reporting defects and validating problem resolutions as required.
Please submit your resume to Impatica Careers with Product Testing Specialist in the subject line. We thank all respondents for their interest, but only qualified candidates will be contacted.
<< Back to Careers